Could your marriage use a little encouragement, strengthening and/or biblical based direction? We offer coaching for couples by phone, Skype, FaceTime or in person (Maryland).
Since 2005 Edward has worked with more than 100 couples of varying backgrounds and degrees of Christian faith, both inside and outside of the “church” to help Elevate their marriage and point them in the direction of the lasting change found in Christ. From engaged couples desiring to build a strong marriage foundation, to married couples seeking to reshape and rebuild their relationship, Christian marriage coaching can be a blessing to your marriage.
Coaching v. Counseling
Edward is an ordained minister, Pastor, Christian marriage educator, author and conference speaker. His approach is unique from a licensed counselor in that he points couples to the unique principles and truths found in the marriages in the Bible. Yes, there are couples exercises, budgets to be formulated, goals to be set and many more of the traditional offerings of coaching that you should expect… But, God has gifted Edward with the unique and successful ability to be able to relate the messages of the marriages of the Bible to the realities of husbands and wives today. Thus he encourages couples by reminding them, “Your marriage is in the Bible”.
For example, what did God do to restore the marriage of Job and his wife when they lost their home, source of income, life savings and children? Or, how did a couple of the Bible learn to communicate effectively and deal with the challenges of their marriage side by side as opposed to arguing and attacking each other? Or, what hope is to be found when “external influences” come between the intimate closeness of a husband and wife? The answers to these common challenges, and many more, are found within the wisdom of God’s Word.
What to Expect?
There are two types of coaching offered:
1. Pre-Marital Coaching – Eight (8), 1 hour sessions with Edward and the engaged couple. Edward is certified to administer and evaluate the PREPARE/ENRICH on-line assessment, which couples will typically complete prior to the first session (assessment optional, and includes an additional $35 charge to administer & evaluate). During the first session you can expect to discuss the results and then the couple and Edward will work toward a “road map” of specific interests to be covered during the coaching sessions. Standard areas of attention are (but not limited to): Communication, Intimacy, Finances – including a budget, financial structure & goal setting, Family & Friends, and a biblical design for marriage.
Couples also receive one free copy of Edward’s devotional: Husbands, Wives, God Weekly Devotions.
2. Marriage Package – The first session is a free one hour session to determine the scope and best approach to strengthen the marriage. Following the initial session is eight, one hour coaching sessions. Couples will also receive one copy of Edward’s Elevate Your Marriage book and other marriage resources may be recommended as well.
How do we meet?
Edward is flexible in how he can meet with a couple. Options include:
- Face to face for those who live in or in close proximity to Baltimore City or Baltimore County.
- FaceTime for fellow Apple loyalists.
- Skype via your computer or your smartphone.
- Via Phone
For all of those that have been scanning this page for the answer to one question (LOL), here it is:
- A one hour coaching session is $50.
- 8 session package is $400
Sign Me Up
If you are ready to begin receiving the encouragement and biblical wisdom of God for your marriage, click here to get started.