I have never been a big gift giver. It has never really been my thing. Rather than spend money on something, I have always been more comfortable giving my heart. I know that is sappy for a guy to say. But I remember when I was in college I would drive 10 hours home, and just show up on my parent’s doorstep (with my laundry). That was the gift that I had to give at that time, as a broke college student. But even now, I find that the best gifts are not the ones that come from the mall, from a jewelry store or off a car dealer’s showroom floor. Here are a few priceless gifts that you can give this Christmas:
- Write a letter. Tell them how you feel, from the heart and in your own handwriting.
- Show up unexpected. Surprise your love one. Pick them up early from work or something unexpected.
- Sacrifice time. The busiest time of year for just about all of us is Christmastime. By clearing your schedule to spend some time even if just a few minutes, sends a clear message.
- Go for a walk. Take your spouse by the hand and go for a winter stroll through the neighborhood or park. Something about s good brisk walk, brings about memories and conversation that might not normally have come about.
- Take time to laugh. We have a tendency to make that holidays into such a stress-filled time. But really there is just so much to be thankful for so laugh your way through it – together.
- Make their favorite meal. Nothing says I love you, like food. Whenever my wife goes out of her way to make something I like, I am reminded of just how much I am loved.
- Make love. No need to add to this one.
- Write a song.
- Fix something around the house. A recent study says that the more housework a man does has a direct correlation to the intimate relationship he shares with his wife. Likewise, husbands are won when they see their wife’s dedication to the household. So make it a shares activity, do something together around the house.
- Tell them how you really feel. Sometime a card just can not tell it all. So…tell him or her yourself.
- Pray for them. The greatest gift of all is to know your spouse is praying with and for you. Once we leave our front door, we are entered into a world of confusion but knowing someone is praying, is an enormous gift that can not be replaced.
This Christmas give the best gift you have – YOU!
So EYM, what is the bet gift you have to give to your spouse?
Receive EYM Updates Right In Your EmailBox
NEW BOOK: Elevate Your Marriage: 7 Practices of Highly Intimate Couples
Husbands, Wives, God Series
Events & Speaking Engagements
April 27, 2013 Elevate Your Marriage Conference at Clearview Baptist Church , 8660 Winands Road, Randallstown, Md. 21133
May 13, 2013 10am CDT/11am EST Front Page Morning Show (Radio) with host Mark Halvorsen on WWIB 103.7 FM in Wisconsin. Outside of Wi. listen live online at wwib.com
May 16, 2013 7:40am EST, Mayhem in the A.M. Morning Show LIVE. Toledo, Ohio 89.3 FM YES-FM . Also tune in to hear the interview on yeshome.com
May 24, 2013 7-10am EST Ken and Deb Morning Show. Edward will be talking about Elevate Your Marriage book on Moody Radio 89.3 in Quad Cities Illinois.
May 30, 2013 11amEST/10amCT Tune in to the This is the Day radio program with Nancy Turner on Moody Radio - Chicago 90.1 WMBI. Edward will be talking about the recent blog post, "6 Things That Make an Exceptional Spouse".
June 1, 2013 Book Signing at A Quiet Place Bookstore, 4736 Liberty Heights Ave., Baltimore, Md. 21207
June 29, 2013 11am-1pm Mini-Marriage Seminar & Book Signing at A Quiet Place Bookstore, 4736 Liberty Heights Ave., Baltimore, Md. 21207. Marriage seminars will be held at: 11, 11:30, 12 & 12:30.
July 6, 2013 Elevate Your Marriage Conference, Sandersville, Ga. 9:30 a.m.
July 11-14th, 2013 Edward @ EYM blog will be hosting a Pastor's Roundtable on Marriage at the Better Marriages Conference in Raleigh on July 12th. Come join me. Mention Elevate Your Marriage when you register!
Sat, July 13th Edward and Kimber will speaking on Elevating Communication in Marriage at the Better Marriages Conference.
Fri. Sept. 20th Exhibiting at the Congressional Black Caucus, Washington, DC
Sat. Oct. 19th 10am-3pm, Elevate Your Marriage Conference at St. Mark's Church, 1440 Dorsey Rd., 21076, Hanover, Md.
Sat. Nov. 2nd, Elevate Your Marriage at Mt. Nebo AME, Bowie Md.
Fri. Jan. 17th, 7-9pm Elevate Your Marriage Conference at Bethel AME (Baltimore City Location), 1300 Druid Hill Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217
Sat. Jan. 18th, 10am-3pm, Elevate Your Marriage Conference at Bethel AME (Owings Mills Location), 10989 Red Run Boulevard, Owings Mills, MD 21117
- Christian Marriage (381)
- Daily Marriage Meditation (6)
- Easter and Marriage (9)
- Elevated Husband's (169)
- Elevated Intimacy (89)
- Elevated Parenting (92)
- Elevated Wives (143)
- Engaged & Newlywed (45)
- Friday Prayer (5)
- Interviews and Special Guests (7)
- LEAP for Ghana (6)
- LIFT Series (11)
- Love and Marriage (209)
- Marriages of Christmas (13)
- Marriages of the Bible (84)
- Money & Marriage (31)
- Mothers Day Everyday (8)
- NARME Conference (6)
- Praying Spouse (41)
- Stay-At-Home Moms (12)
- Uncategorized (24)
- Video (19)
- Weekly Devotions (31)