Today is not a major holiday, you don’t want anything but just because, take some time today and bless your wife. As you bless her, it will bless you…
- Flowers. Cliche, but it works for a reason. It brightens up your wife’s day. Especially if you don’t typically send/bring flowers. She will love it.
- Send a short text. “I know you are busy, just wanted to tell you I love You.”
- Pray for your wife. Above all we say and do, a short heartfelt prayer goes farther and means more than anything else. Sometimes it is not enough for your wife to know you pray for her, let her see and hear it.
- Spontaneous lunch. Surprise her with a lunch at her favorite spot.
- Pick up the kids. Give your wife some down time. Pick up the kids and let her chill out for a minute.
- Cook Dinner. Caution: If you can’t cook, call in an order at the local takeout spot. But let her take the day off.
- Fix something around the house that is important to your wife. Every husband has a list of things that need to be done around the house, that is longer than time in the day. So, today, take some time to cross off one thing.
- Kiss. No further explanation needed here. Take a moment out of all that needs to be done and give her a kiss.
- Write a Letter. Memorialize your feelings in a letter. With all of the gains of technology in the best decade or so, the art of writing has all but gone away. In your own handwriting, tell her how much you love her, how much she really means to you.
- Ask. How can I bless you today? I like to say, “Guess and I will get it wrong, tell me and I will know”. Then, clear the calendar, cancel the meetings, rearrange your day and do whatever she wants to do.
If you really want to do it up, pick more than one of these or create your own. The point is that our wives are a gift from God. Life keeps us running so fast and sometimes we have to be intentional about blessing our wives and letting them know just how special they are. Not on a holiday when we are supposed to buy or do something, but just on an ordinary October Wednesday.
So guys, how are you going to bless your wife, today?
Receive EYM Updates Right In Your EmailBox
NEW BOOK: Elevate Your Marriage: 7 Practices of Highly Intimate Couples
Husbands, Wives, God Series
Events & Speaking Engagements
April 27, 2013 Elevate Your Marriage Conference at Clearview Baptist Church , 8660 Winands Road, Randallstown, Md. 21133
May 13, 2013 10am CDT/11am EST Front Page Morning Show (Radio) with host Mark Halvorsen on WWIB 103.7 FM in Wisconsin. Outside of Wi. listen live online at wwib.com
May 16, 2013 7:40am EST, Mayhem in the A.M. Morning Show LIVE. Toledo, Ohio 89.3 FM YES-FM . Also tune in to hear the interview on yeshome.com
May 24, 2013 7-10am EST Ken and Deb Morning Show. Edward will be talking about Elevate Your Marriage book on Moody Radio 89.3 in Quad Cities Illinois.
May 30, 2013 11amEST/10amCT Tune in to the This is the Day radio program with Nancy Turner on Moody Radio - Chicago 90.1 WMBI. Edward will be talking about the recent blog post, "6 Things That Make an Exceptional Spouse".
June 1, 2013 Book Signing at A Quiet Place Bookstore, 4736 Liberty Heights Ave., Baltimore, Md. 21207
June 29, 2013 11am-1pm Mini-Marriage Seminar & Book Signing at A Quiet Place Bookstore, 4736 Liberty Heights Ave., Baltimore, Md. 21207. Marriage seminars will be held at: 11, 11:30, 12 & 12:30.
July 6, 2013 Elevate Your Marriage Conference, Sandersville, Ga. 9:30 a.m.
July 11-14th, 2013 Edward @ EYM blog will be hosting a Pastor's Roundtable on Marriage at the Better Marriages Conference in Raleigh on July 12th. Come join me. Mention Elevate Your Marriage when you register!
Sat, July 13th Edward and Kimber will speaking on Elevating Communication in Marriage at the Better Marriages Conference.
Fri. Sept. 20th Exhibiting at the Congressional Black Caucus, Washington, DC
Sat. Oct. 19th 10am-3pm, Elevate Your Marriage Conference at St. Mark's Church, 1440 Dorsey Rd., 21076, Hanover, Md.
Sat. Nov. 2nd, Elevate Your Marriage at Mt. Nebo AME, Bowie Md.
Fri. Jan. 17th, 7-9pm Elevate Your Marriage Conference at Bethel AME (Baltimore City Location), 1300 Druid Hill Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217
Sat. Jan. 18th, 10am-3pm, Elevate Your Marriage Conference at Bethel AME (Owings Mills Location), 10989 Red Run Boulevard, Owings Mills, MD 21117
- Christian Marriage (381)
- Daily Marriage Meditation (6)
- Easter and Marriage (9)
- Elevated Husband's (169)
- Elevated Intimacy (89)
- Elevated Parenting (92)
- Elevated Wives (143)
- Engaged & Newlywed (45)
- Friday Prayer (5)
- Interviews and Special Guests (7)
- LEAP for Ghana (6)
- LIFT Series (11)
- Love and Marriage (209)
- Marriages of Christmas (13)
- Marriages of the Bible (84)
- Money & Marriage (31)
- Mothers Day Everyday (8)
- NARME Conference (6)
- Praying Spouse (41)
- Stay-At-Home Moms (12)
- Uncategorized (24)
- Video (19)
- Weekly Devotions (31)