Today is not a major holiday, you don’t want anything but just because, take some time today and bless your wife. As you bless her, it will bless you…
- Flowers. Cliche, but it works for a reason. It brightens up your wife’s day. Especially if you don’t typically send/bring flowers. She will love it.
- Send a short text. “I know you are busy, just wanted to tell you I love You.”
- Pray for your wife. Above all we say and do, a short heartfelt prayer goes farther and means more than anything else. Sometimes it is not enough for your wife to know you pray for her, let her see and hear it.
- Spontaneous lunch. Surprise her with a lunch at her favorite spot.
- Pick up the kids. Give your wife some down time. Pick up the kids and let her chill out for a minute.
- Cook Dinner. Caution: If you can’t cook, call in an order at the local takeout spot. But let her take the day off.
- Fix something around the house that is important to your wife. Every husband has a list of things that need to be done around the house, that is longer than time in the day. So, today, take some time to cross off one thing.
- Kiss. No further explanation needed here. Take a moment out of all that needs to be done and give her a kiss.
- Write a Letter. Memorialize your feelings in a letter. With all of the gains of technology in the best decade or so, the art of writing has all but gone away. In your own handwriting, tell her how much you love her, how much she really means to you.
- Ask. How can I bless you today? I like to say, “Guess and I will get it wrong, tell me and I will know”. Then, clear the calendar, cancel the meetings, rearrange your day and do whatever she wants to do.
If you really want to do it up, pick more than one of these or create your own. The point is that our wives are a gift from God. Life keeps us running so fast and sometimes we have to be intentional about blessing our wives and letting them know just how special they are. Not on a holiday when we are supposed to buy or do something, but just on an ordinary October Wednesday.
So guys, how are you going to bless your wife, today?